Monday, August 24, 2015

Laundry Detergent Recipe

It was time for me to make a new batch of laundry detergent!  This recipe lasted us (2 people) over 6 months!  It's inexpensive, easy to make and free of added toxins (and fragrances)!  I have attached a link to the recipe below.

Detergent

Fabric Softener
Good ol' plain vinegar

For added whitening or extra dirty clothes
Add in 1/2 to 1 cup baking soda to wash

Things I learned this time around.  
First- I just used a hand grater for the Bronner's soap (not pictured below).  Last time I tried it in my food processor like some people suggested and it didn't go very well.  This time I just sat in front of the TV and mindlessly grated my soap.  

Second- Instead of pouring in full containers of all my ingredients, I added half of each one to my glass jar and then mixed it (ex: half of the box of borax, one small box of baking soda, half the box of super washing soap, etc.).  Once that was blended I added the rest of the boxes & soap and mixed it again.  It just made it a lot easier for mixing purposes because last time I added in full boxes and didn't have a lot of wiggle room to mix everything up.

Third-  Mix everything together with your hands versus a wooden spoon (like I did last time).  That made a big difference and got everything blended together nicely! 




No comments:

Post a Comment