Friday, June 7, 2013

Brownie/Chocolate Cake with Almond Flour

Sorry its been awhile since I have last posted and put up a recipe.  Life has been busy needless to say and I haven't been trying out new recipes lately.. so I will get back in the swing of things.  (And it gives me ideas to post up stress releasing ideas and supplements... who wouldn't benefit from that.. right?!) Anyways a patient of mine sent this recipe to me awhile ago and I finally made it last night!  It was great! It gives you that chocolate and 'starchy' fix that many people crave.

Ingredients
2/3 cup xylitol or honey
1/2 cup melted butter coconut oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cocoa (unsweetened)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt

Mix ingredients all together and place on a greased 8x8 pan.  (I grease all my pans for baking with coconut oil.)  Bake on 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 min. 

The texture is closer to a dense cake than brownies I thought.... and the batter is delicious :).. that's my weakness. 

I hope you enjoy them like I did!  It would be great with raspberries on top :)



The recipe was modified from http://grainfreefoodie.blogspot.com/2012/01/almond-flour-brownies.html

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete