Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Simple Winter Time Dessert! (2 Ingredients!)

During these icy, cold days and nights the only thing I want to drink or eat is something warm. (That's why I am so bad about water... I just want to drink hot tea all day/hold on to the mug to keep my frozen hands warm!  I have to keep track of my water intake or I slack off.)  Anyways I thought I would share one of my typical nightly 'desserts' if that's what you want to call it.

All you need... are you ready???... is frozen fruit (and coconut oil)!  Put a tablespoon or 2 of coconut oil in your skillet and fill the rest with frozen fruit.  I used the mixed berries from Kroger or Costco.  Put it over low/medium heat and let it simmer.  Make sure you mix the berries occasionally because some of the fruit at the top stays cold unless you stir.  Once everything is nice and warm/steamy (usually takes about 5 to 7 min), pour all the contents (and the juices too which are sooo good!) in a bowl and enjoy!  It will warm you up, give you a healthy 'dessert', and curb your sweet tooth!

For those on Candida Clear:
  • Use frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and any combo of them)
  • You can put it over unsweetened Greek yogurt
  • Drizzle xyltiol over it if you want to sweeten it more (I think its already pretty sweet but you can always add xylitol if you would like)
  • You could even sprinkle cacao/cocoa on top to give it a chocolaty taste!  The warm fruit would probably make the powder mix easily.  I haven't tried it, but it sure seems like a good idea... warm chocolate raspberry deliciousness... Yum!

For everyone else:
  • Use any frozen fruit (My personal favorites are the berries, cherries and mangoes... not all mixed together)
  • Drizzle with honey to make sweeter if you would prefer

Its simple.  Tasty.  You get your coconut oil in.  Takes no more than 5 minutes to make.  A win win win! Enjoy!!



1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete