Friday, August 30, 2013

Easy Side Dish for Dinner

If you are like me I always buy a big thing of spinach at the grocery store with every intention of eating spinach salads that week... and it doesn't happen.  Don't get me wrong I do sometimes, but I go through phases when that does not hit the spot.  I keep buying it though... but the good news is that it makes a tasty side dish!

There are no specific measurements for this one (out of my normal cooking comfort zone) but here you go!  Throw a tablespoon or 2 of coconut oil in a frying pan with a couple strips of bacon (I prefer turkey bacon... no preservatives!! aka nitrates/ites, sufates/ites).  Let that cook for a couple minutes on medium.  Slice up 1/4 to 1/2 onion and throw in there to saute for a couple minutes letting it start to brown.  Cut up garlic makes a nice addition during this time too.  I sliced up a jalapeno and threw it in too.  Lastly put in your spinach.  I had one of those really large containers from Costco and probably threw 1/4 of it in there... Let it cook for about 5 minutes or until it wilts down.  Throw some sea salt and pepper or some Cajun spices on there for a little kick too.  You can even sprinkle a little goat cheese and let it melt on top... Delicious!  

It takes no effort to make, very little time and you get some coconut oil in too :)  Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete