Saturday, September 14, 2013

Another Brownie Recipe! Perfect for those on Candida Clear!

Here is another brownie recipe I ran across.  This one does not use almond flour like the other one but instead uses coconut flour.  I have not found many recipes that I like which use coconut flour because it seems so dense to me.  So I was very happy to find one I enjoyed (probably because all the xylitol) plus its very simple to make.

Ingredients
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
6 eggs
1 cup xylitol
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 coconut flour
1 cup of nuts (optional)

Instructions
Mix melted coconut oil and cocoa powder together so all of the cocoa powder is nice and blended.  In another bowl mix the eggs, xylitol, salt, vanilla, and nuts together.  Then add the coconut oil/cocoa.  Stir well.  (My coconut oil was melted over the stove.  So when I added the warm coconut oil/cocoa mix to the rest of the ingredients, aka the cold eggs, the coconut oil quickly hardened and it didn't stir well.  The batter didn't look appetising but once the mix warmed up in the oven when baking they turned out just fine.) Then add in the coconut flour slowly until everything is mixed.  (Here again it seemed like it was hard to mix because of the coconut oil/cocoa mixture.  Just make sure the coconut flour is mixed and no chunks.)

Put in a greased (with coconut oil right!) pan and bake on 350 degrees for 28 to 32 minutes. 

When I make these again I would make sure the melted coconut oil had cooled to around room temperature before adding it to the cold eggs which in my case quickly solidified the coconut oil.  Either way it all tastes the same!  Also in the pictures it looks like it is 'marbled'.  That is just because the coconut flour didn't mix well with my hard coconut oil/cocoa.  It looks neat and there are no chunks of coconut flour in the cooked brownies so no need to worry if yours looks like this.  Lastly my brownies had a very small layer at the bottom.  This is the eggs/xylitol that settled to the bottom when cooked.  You can eat it or scrape if off (for kids who think it looks weird).  I ate it and it tastes just fine!

Just a few tips and pointers for you that I noticed along the way but... they taste great!!


 
 
 
PS. Remember NO xylitol for dogs. Its very toxic to their little systems. Sorry Louie... no brownies for you!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete