Sunday, February 16, 2014

Coconut Flour, Zucchini, Carrot Muffins!

This is a perfect way to get some veggies in with tasty muffins!  The longest part of the whole process is grating the carrots and zucchini... the rest is incredibly easy! 

Ingredients
6 eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey or xylitol
2 TBS vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup carrots, grated (about 3 to 4)
1 cup zucchini, grated (about 2 small)- Make sure to drain the grated zucchini because it has a lot of moisture.  I grated it and then squeezed the zucchini tightly with a paper towel to get out excess water.  Then you can measure it for 1 cup.  You don't want to measure until the extra water/moisture is drained out. 

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix eggs, coconut oil, honey/xylitol together.  Then add in the rest of the ingredients (vanilla, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, coconut flour, carrots, zucchini).  Put liners in a muffin tin or grease with coconut oil.  Pour in mixture and bake for 20 minutes. 

I really loved these.  They are very moist (almost spongy) which I assume is from the zucchini and the moisture it holds.  When I make these again I will drain even more water out of the grated zuchhini.  It doesn't affect the flavor at all but when you take the muffins out of the tin they are kind of wiggly (well at least mine were).  They are cooked completely even though you wouldn't think so because they are wiggly (I can't think of a better word).  Also I have a confession- I have not made them with xylitol (for you candida clear people out there). I am out of it at home and need to pick some up so I made them with honey.  I have had a lot of success just replacing honey with the same ratio of xyltiol so I don't see why this would be any different.  I promise I will make them with xyltiol but I would be very surprised if it didn't work. 

Enjoy!! They are soooo good and taste similar to zucchini bread (and you don't taste the carrots)!!



1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete