Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Get rid of that nasty white flour with ALMOND FLOUR!

White flour has no health content... It causes an inflammatory response in your body which most people recognize (or chose to ignore) as bloating or gas.. There are many other terrible things associated with it ranging from altering blood sugar levels, weight gain, digestive issues, etc. but at my practice I see candida issues on almost every patient (thanks to sugars and antibiotics.. But that's a whole different topic) and they all need to steer clear of any flours big time! (Except almond, quinoa, coconut flour)

With candida issues people can not have flours except the ones listed above because it breaks down into sugar and feeds the bad guys.

I have posted a pic of my favorite flour substitute!! It's Trader Joe's Almond Meal. It is around $4 but if you get it at Whole Foods or Kroger it's around $12. Big difference!! I have 8 right now in my cabinet.. There are so many great things you can do with it. Make pancakes, cookies, crackers, bread chicken, etc. I will be doing a lot of recipes in the near future but I wanted to show you all a pic of what I get! The only ingredient in it... Almonds! So healthy for you and finely chopped up to be like flour! So make the switch to ditch the nasty flours and try almond flour for a change :)

And for those of you on Candida Clear there is hope! You can have the starchy things you crave as long as its made with this stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment