Saturday, April 13, 2013

Homemade Deodorant... That works! I promise.

For those of you who are new to this.. You want to stay away from aluminum in deodorant. It's a heavy metal that acts as the 'antiperspirant' portion of your deodorant. Anything you put on your skin absorbs into your body including this which is right where the lymphatic system is for the breasts. So why would you want to but a heavy metal right by the area that is getting so much attention for having cancer? If it was me I would do anything to avoid putting toxic stuff on my body. Starting with deodorant.

I have tried about all the aluminum free deodorants out there... Toms (which they are now making some with aluminum! Sad but true. Read the ingredients!), Body Shoppe, Trader Joes and others. I have done plain coconut oil and plain tea tree oil which worked okay. I found the best success with Toms until.. I made this.

We found it on Pinterest claiming to be the best homemade deodorant. (They all have those claims). But it was easy to make and Lori gave it a try. It was true!! It works better than anything else I have ever tried! I will even forget to put it on and have never had a problem once! And with the other brand names I would have to apply twice a day. So bottom line.. Yes I do shower. And yes this stuff works amazing!! And it takes 2 min to make!

Ingredients
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup baking soda
5 to 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Optional: 5 to 6 drops of your favorite essential oil (I did tea tree oil, but I think lavender or eucalyptus would be great too!)

Mix together and that's it! I keep it in a glass pyrex jar with a lid in my bathroom. Get a little on your fingers and rub it together so it's more liquid (warms up the coconut oil) and apply! Easy as that. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete