Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Quinoa 'Oatmeal' Breakfast... In 5 min or less!

Breakfast this morning... Quinoa in warm almond milk with pecans and freeze dried blueberries from Trader Joes. I ran out of fresh fruit. This is a great version of oatmeal for those who miss it on Candida Clear or anyone looking for a healthy quick breakfast option!

What I do is make 2 or 3 cups of quinoa each week and keep it in the fridge so it's ready to eat. Then I don't have to sit and make it each morning or evening because it takes about 30 minutes to make. I have it already made so I just have to quickly heat it up! (Not in a microwave... Right :) ) So my breakfast takes 5 min to heat up and then I am good to go! Quick as that.

Side note: fresh fruit tastes better in this but the Trader Joes freeze dried blueberries and raspberries are great treats and snacks. They have no added sugar or preservatives (nitrates, nitrites, sulfates, sulfites, and many others). The only ingredients are blueberries or raspberries. These are more than likely at other stores but when looking make sure they have NO added sugar or preservatives in them... its actually pretty hard to find. Try these ones and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment