Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cobbler! Easy to make!

Now that Thanksgiving is just around the corner I am experimenting with some desserts. Today cobbler. Tomorrow pumpkin pie? (I also just found a recipe for sausage and gravy... cross your fingers that its good!) So here is the recipe for berry cobbler and some changes I would make at the end.

Ingredients
  • Fruit (Recipe calls for 2 pints of blueberries. I only had a pint of strawberries at my house so those worked great! You could also use could use raspberries or blackberries... yum!)
  • Xylitol or Honey (Xylitol for those on Candida Clear)
  • 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 TBS of Coconut Oil
  • Cinnamon
Directions
  • Wash and dry fruit.
  • Grease baking pan with coconut oil and put berries in it.
  • Drizzle xylitol or honey on top of fruit. (I didn't have my smaller baking pans cleaned so I used 2 Pyrex containers.)
  • In another bowl mix almond flour, egg and coconut oil together. (I would add some honey or xylitol in this as well to make it sweeter.)
  • Sprinkle the almond meal mixture over berries and sprinkling cinnamon on top.
  • Bake for 30 to 35 minutes on 350 degrees until almond mixture turns golden brown. (And simply for pleasure occasionally open the oven to get a good smell of what is baking. It smells sooo good!!!)

My notes: The 'crumble' topping wasn't sweet at all (which is not a problem but most people would say it was bland). I didn't add any xylitol or honey and I think that would be a good addition in the mixture to give the 'crumble' a little taste. My crumble was more like a thick batter. I pulled it apart and put the chunks (not an appetizing word but I can't think of any other word now) on top of the fruit. It just wasn't a dry crumble like typical berry cobbler. It could be that I added to much coconut oil to the almond meal mixture. Mine also was pretty watery after it was cooked and it could have been the strawberries... but it was still tasty!!

Try different fruits and even drizzle with honey, pure maple syrup or xylitol right after you take it out of the oven. Enjoy!


Stawberries drizzled with honey before the crumble topping!






All done!


Theirs turned out much prettier than mine :)




2 comments:

  1. This was excellent and MY kind of easy. My crust came together perfectly, all crunchy and crumbly out of the oven. I didn't even add the honey (candida clear) or xylitol (can't stomach it) and it was still delicious. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete