Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thankful (Part 1)

In honor of November and the spirit of Thanksgiving I am going to post up every week or so feelings/things/reasons that I am thankful for my office, the patients, the products I work with, etc.  I encourage everyone to be grateful for what you have, where you are and appreciate any struggles you have been or are going through.  There is always a purpose or reason even though it may not seem like that.  By having gratitude in every situation makes things much more manageable and allows you to see the positive in every situation. 

Nov 1
I am so extremely grateful that I truly get to do what I love every single day.  Each day is full of great patients with the most severe cases to mild ones.  Each patient has their own journey... from being at the beginning of the process and just learning to those who have been with me for a long time continuing and maintaining their journey through health.  I am soo sooo soo lucky to meet and work with people who keep me inspired to do what I do.   

Nov 2
I am very grateful for my supplement tray!  It seems silly but oh so true.  Each week I just fill that little guy up and take my supplements as I go throughout the day.  No need to carry pill bottles around making my purse 10 pounds heavier or gathering up my supplements each morning like I was doing.  It is extremely time consuming especially in the morning.  Each day I take my little container and away I go!  No time spent planning or thinking about what I need to get ready.



Nov 3
I am very grateful for digestive enzymes.  Before I started taking them I had the whole host of 'typical' digestive issues.  Bloating, gas, indigestion, constipation and diarrhea... the typical IBS stuff.  I never went to a MD about it but I have had many patients feel like they have to live with these issues and say 'Oh they said it's just IBS'.  There is something you can do!! It's called digestive enzymes.  I have 6 different ones in my office and each person does not do well on everyone of them.  I specifically do best on one called Food Enzymes by Nature Sunshine.  My fiance does best on Zypan by Standard Process.  I am thankful for those enzymes and allowing my body to digest food better, get more nutrients out of what I eat and just feel better in general!!



Nov 4
I am very grateful that I get to bring my dog into work each day!  How lucky am I?!  He hates being by himself and loves to be around people.  He gets more love in a day from our patients than probably most dogs do in week.  He lives a very happy loved life and I am grateful I can bring him in.  He is very therapeutic and healing for most of our patients... including me!  It is always great driving when Louie's head is out the window getting fresh air and the car next to me stops and smiles.  These little guys have a powerful healing effect and way to make everyone feel better no matter what.  I am fortunate to have one of these little fur balls and that he can spread the love to all my patients!



Nov 5
I am thankful for coconut oil.  You can cook everything in it and not worry about your food getting toxic or rancid, use as amazing nontoxic makeup remover, and eat it each day for so many health benefits.  Its anti-fungal, bacterial and viral so it works wonders with your immune system helping it kill off invaders.  It is also perfect food for your brain and nervous system. 

Over the past weekend I was getting sick and my neck and shoulders were extremely tight... much more than I have ever had before.  I knew I had to be fighting off something.  I simply did a oil pull (where you swish coconut oil in your mouth for 10 to 20 minutes) to pull out toxins and kill off invaders such as bacteria and viruses.  Within 20 minutes my muscles were relaxed and it completely fought off anything I was starting to catch.  I will write a post in the future specific to this because the more I learn and read the more fascinated I am.  Try starting with 10 minutes and work up to 20 (and make sure to spit it in your trashcan when you are done because the oil will harden up when cold in your sink/drain... and that is no good).   After you spit it out make sure to rinse your mouth with hot water and spit that out.  Rinse a couple times to get all the toxins out.  You may notice you it starts to release drainage from your throat and nose... Yay!  Get it out of there!  If you have questions feel free to call the office.  Lori swears by it too!



1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete