Sunday, November 17, 2013

Trader Joe's Trip!

I finally made it up to Trader Joe's this weekend... after driving in circles trying to find a parking spot.  I thought I would upload some pictures of things that are great buys there.   (Especially with people on Candida Clear.)  I am more of a visual person so this may appeal to all of you people out there too!  If you shop there and have other items you love let me know!

Organic Tomato Basil Marinara
With NO added sugar!! Yay!!
 
 
Almond Meal
I always stock up on this and get questioned every time I leave with why I need so much.
 
 
Light Coconut Milk
It's just coconut milk and water but great to use in recipes (especially sauces and baking).
 
 
Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (Peppermint)
Great Price.  I use it for hand soap (best with a foaming hand soap container) and clean my showers and counters with it (diluted with water of course).  You can also use it for body wash or face wash.  Liquid works best if you are using loofah and the castile bar soap works best if you bathe with wash cloth.  (Just for lathering purposes)
 
 
Cashew Meal
I haven't seen this at Trader Joe's before!  I don't have any experience using it but I will keep you posted how it goes!
 
 
Sliced Goat's Milk Cheese
Tastes great!  Perfect for burgers or to make little wraps with turkey for lunch.
 
 
Fresh Salsa
I double checked the Hot and Mild for sneaky sugar or preservatives and good news... I didn't find any. Yay!  Great on quinoa, over chicken, with taco salad (without shells), etc. (I am working on a tortilla chip recipe...)
 
 
Cauliflower
Great price!  At Kroger it was around $5 so this was a steal compared to that.  Steam it, mash it up like you would potatoes.  You can also put in a blender after it is steamed to make smooth textured 'mashed potatoes.'  They taste really good I promise especially loaded up with coconut oil and sea salt.  For the recipe click here.
 
 
Frozen Kale
Perfect for smoothies!
 
 
Dried Mango
Personal Favorite (But not good for people on Candida Clear... sorry.)  No added sugar and preservatives like most of the other dried fruits... and I am so addicted to these.
 

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete