Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Non Toxic. Safe. Chemical Free. Feel Good Beauty Products!

I have a lot of goals and ideas for MTCAM and one of them was to get an all encompassing beauty line of nontoxic yet feel good products for my patients... One that was up to my standards, does not include chemicals or toxins in any way, actually works (feels good on the skin, face, hair, etc.) and something accessible to everyone where you don't have to join anything and can buy as much or little as you want.  Beautycounter fits all those categories. 

First and foremost did you know that in America only 11 chemicals are banned from cosmetics (the last one was banned by the FDA in 1938.  Do you know how many chemicals have been produced since 1938?!?!)... while over 1,300 are banned in Europe! This was actually unbelievable and simply unfathomable to me.  It should not be surprising but still is an eye opener.  I work with nutrition and supplements all day long so its hard for me to keep up to par on the cosmetic world.  I do my best reading and researching when I can but honestly most of my time is spent researching on what we put in our bodies not ON our bodies even though it is just as important.

Beautycounter has incredibly high standards and stringent protocols.  They do not release something until it has been under much scrutiny and actually works (unlike other 'nontoxic' body lotions that leave white streaks all over you because they won't absorb properly).  But most importantly their products do not contain the 11 chemicals banned in the US, the 1,300 banned in Europe as well as others.  The 1,300 chemicals that are banned in Europe are known to be linked to cancer and endocrine issues (aka disrupt hormones in the body causing a whole host of other issues).  None of their products contain heavy metals (over 95% of lipsticks have lead in them... not good). 

FACT: It is legal for the US cosmetic companies to use known carcinogens and reproductive toxins in products marketed to pregnant women and babies.  Scary and incredibly sad. 

I can go on and on with the lack of standards for cosmetic regulation and quality control.  How our bodies are burdened with chemicals day in and day out and we continue to expect our liver to function (which is our major detoxing organ).  How little kids are exposed to these same toxins causing hormonal issues at a young age.  Why skin cancer rates are drastically increasing.  (We aren't getting any more sun than hundreds of years ago yet there is more skin cancer than before...)

Okay I am off my soap box now and I am sure I will get back on it sometime. :)  I just want you to be aware that everything that you put on your body gets absorbed into your body.  The skin is our largest organ and it is something that gets overlooked all the time (and I am guilty of not talking about it that much at the office).  So first and foremost we can start putting chemical and toxin free, quality products (that smell and feel good) on our bodies, faces and hair.  Its worth the switch even if you do it gradually (and these products will last you awhile... it is not anything you have to order each month because you go through it so quickly.)

Click HERE to go to the website and check out/order products.  You don't have to sign up, get a membership, or even be my patient to get the products (and $5 flat rate shipping... its great!).  I will have products available at the office at the same price so you don't save or loose any money getting them one way or the other.  I will have them in the office if you want to feel and try them out.  

If you are going to begin somewhere start with full body products like the body wash and body lotion (I LOVE the lotion) because it is a larger surface area than just your face.  If you are wanting other great products I love the hydrating face creams (AM and PM) as well as both of the facial cream cleansers.  The shampoo and conditioner are great and I have tried sooooo many from expensive to cheap to other 'non toxic' and even toxic ones.  My hair is very picky, will dry out really easily and get bad dead ends but has been so smooth and soft with Beautycounter's shampoo and conditioner.  It did take my hair probably 3 days to get use to the switch though. (In case you care or are wondering... I use the body lotion, face lotions (AM and PM), shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face cleanser and face exfoliating cleanser, and rose water spray... that's more of a luxury item.  Next on my list... Lip shine!!)

Other products they offer... sun screen (great for these 20 degree days right?), sugar scrubs, kids shampoo/conditioner/body wash (coming soon!!), lipsticks and gloss (with NO lead... obviously), body and face oils, and makeup coming beginning of next year.  I will put features of different products on here but I just wanted to give you a nice little idea of the products they carry. Check it out.  Try it out.  Let me know what you think... and I am pretty sure you won't be let down and your body will be much happier and healthier because of it. 

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me (drcarolynmaxfield@gmail.com) or call the office! We will be glad to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment