Monday, July 15, 2013

Greek Yogurt Covered Strawberries

These hot summer days call for a cold treat... especially one that is easy to make.  I saw this online somewhere with blueberries and all I had at home was strawberries... clearly it works just as good!  All I did was dip my strawberries in plain Greek yogurt and put them on a plate with wax paper (so they didn't stick to the plate).  They may not be the most beautifully dipped strawberries you have every seen but the taste is that all the counts... right!  I left them in the freezer for about 1 hour and then enjoyed!! (Well... enjoying them now as I type)

They are nice and frozen when they come out which some people may love but for me I can't stand the thought of biting into anything frozen.  Some people can chew into a ice cube or popsicle and that gives me chills just thinking of it!!  So I just let mine thaw out for a couple of minutes and then the strawberries are not quite as hard and frozen.  Either way... its a great simple summertime treat!  Next time I will try it with blueberries or almonds or raspberries... maybe sprinkle with xylitol or honey (for those not on candida clear/phase one) or drizzle with homemade chocolate?  Sounds delicious!








No comments:

Post a Comment