Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Homemade Noodles!! Only 4 Ingredients! Great for People on Candida Clear!

One of my patients on Monday gave me this great recipe for noodles.  It was a huge success!!  Many people miss pasta during the Candida Cleanse and those who battle candida in general.  I have to stay away from it because whenever I eat pasta I seem to bloat up and gain a few pounds... fun stuff.

There are only 4 ingredients in this pasta... which makes it so incredibly easy to make!  They are quinoa flour, water, olive oil and chia seeds (which can also be substituted for eggs but I used chia seeds since I had them).  I have had quinoa flour for a long time and used it only a few times.  I have never had much success with it because of the taste... seems pretty earthy... but with the pasta you don't notice it at all! I was so excited to have a recipe to use my quinoa flour!


Ingredients
  • 2 cups of quinoa flour
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds with 6 tbsp hot water, soaked and stirred until a paste forms
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup warm water


  • Mix up ingredients until you get the dough.  I found it easier to mix with my hands.  It is a fairly dry dough so don't be alarmed. I put it in a gallon baggie and sealed it up for 20 minutes to let it set.  Online they said wrap it in plastic wrap for 20 minutes but the gallon baggie worked great.  Then I took it out and rolled on a cookie sheet and sliced up into thick noodles (the picture may not look pretty but they tasted great!).  I didn't have a pasta machine to make noodles so I sliced them myself.

    Put them in boiling water for no more than 3 minutes.  Take out and drain water and enjoy!

    Look at this blog (link below) for much prettier pictures and a better description.  It can also be made with an egg instead of the hot water and chia seeds but I just followed her recipe.  You can cut the noodles thin or thick or with a pasta slicer if you have it.  Possibly use these to make as lasagna too!

    I also want to thank my patient who told me about this recipe!  I am sooo happy to share it with everyone :)

    http://pinchofme.com/2013/01/23/quinoa-pasta/




     
    Pic of noodles in the strainer







    No comments:

    Post a Comment